In this time-lapse video, I will show you how I added texture to my resin wave.
My aim was to create a three-dimensional wave, and I first attempted to use tile grout mixed in with the resin. However, I found that even when I waited for it to semi-cure before adding the texture, it still self-levelled, and I lost most of the surface.
So I came up with a plan to try gel medium, I applied the first layer directly on to the cured resin and let it dry. Even though the gel medium drys clear, it still left a bit of a milky look. So I added another layer, only this time, I coloured the gel medium and painted it over the top.
To see the full-length video, including the rejected layers, go to https://bit.ly/resinwatertexture.
Products used in the making of this video:
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Round placemat from Kmart
- Vivacious Pearlescent Pigments (Arctic Blue, Delphinium Blue and Sea Spray Green): https://bit.ly/VivPearlPig
- Vivacious Matte Pigment – Arctic White
- Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium: https://amzn.to/3dDQkqh
- Le Rez Transparent Liquid Pigment: https://bit.ly/lerezliquid
(Deep Aqua Teal and Deep Ocean Blue)
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds | https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
Check out my Amazon shop for a list of alternative products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/suefindlay
✅ Step-by-step Instruction Manual: https://bit.ly/SFDGuide16
🆕 New Members’ Only Club – Sue’s Creative Circle… Register your interest at courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews.
Other Handy Links:
✅ Sue’s Creative Circle: https://courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Website: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
✅ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suefindlaydesigns/
✅ Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
✅ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suefinart/
✅ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/Suefinart/
✅ My other YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvaXBNVp_TrW6HqeARV1nbw
I hope you enjoyed this video.