This is by far the largest project I have tackled using resin. I have been planning to create a resin splashback for my kitchen. I gave the kitchen cupboards a makeover two years ago, but put off the splashback, as I didn’t know how to tackle the area behind the cooktop.
Resin is not fire-rated to go behind the cooktop and here lies the problem. So I came up with a solution and installed a glass splashback just behind the cooktop and then made the resin panels to fit around it.
Needless to say, I am delighted with the finished piece.
For this project I used:
- 6mm Glass Splashback for behind the cooktop
- 6mm MDF panels, cut to size
- Router for cutting the socket inserts
- Plunge saw and rails for the nice straight lines
- 6 litres of Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Vivacious Pearlescent Powder Pigments – Black Coal: http://bit.ly/VivPearlPig
- Vivacious Pearlescent Powder Pigments – Tropical Blue: http://bit.ly/VivPearlPig
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White: http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
- Chrome Spray Paint: https://amzn.to/31K0DDS
- Black Silicone to glue the panels in place
Check out my Amazon shop for a list of alternative products:
✅ Full-length video tutorial: http://bit.ly/SFDsplashback
🆕 New Members’ Only Club – Sue’s Creative Circle… Register your interest at courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews.
Other Handy Links:
✅ Website: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
✅ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suefindlaydesigns/
✅ Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
✅ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suefinart/
✅ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/Suefinart/
✅ My other YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvaXBNVp_TrW6HqeARV1nbw
I hope you enjoyed this video.