In this video, I go into detail on how I prepare and seal my wood log slices for pouring resin.
Using a mixture of PVA glue (wood glue) and water, I can penetrate into the wood and give it an excellent hard finish ready for accepting the resin.
By sealing the wood first, not only will you save on resin, but you will reduce the number of bubbles given off by the wood.
For this project I used:
- Wood Log Slice (purchased locally)
- PVA Glue or Elmar’s Glue: https://amzn.to/2k01bUf – US | https://amzn.to/2JIyaFy – UK
- Water (50/50 mixture with the glue)
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Le Rez Powder Pigments – Iridescent Jade: http://bit.ly/LeRezPearl
- Le Rez Powder Pigments – Sea Breeze: http://bit.ly/LeRezPearl
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White: http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds | https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
- Old Paint Brush
🆕 Check out my Amazon shop for a list of alternative products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/suefindlay
✅ Step-by-step Instruction Manual: https://bit.ly/SFDGuide14
🆕 Join my NEW Members’ Only group, Sue’s Creative Circle: Register your interest at courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews.
Other Handy Links:
✅ Website: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
✅ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suefindlaydesigns/
✅ Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
✅ Facebook Business Tips for Artists Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businesstipsforartists/
✅ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suefinart/
✅ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/Suefinart/
✅ My other YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvaXBNVp_TrW6HqeARV1nbw
I hope you enjoyed this video.