For this project, I am using an IKEA plastic lamp. The idea is to create a new skin for the lampshade.
In previous projects, I have poured the resin flat and then draped it over the shade to create a dripping effect. So the challenge is to create a fitted skin for both the sides and top. As the lampshade is plastic and moulded to shape, you cannot dismantle it to get the shade shape, so the template has to made from scratch.
If you want to see how I created the template, join my course: https://bit.ly/IKEAgeodelamp
To recreate this project, you will need the following items:
- IKEA lamp: https://bit.ly/IKEAlampan | https://amzn.to/35p9w8I – US
- Template for lampshade, available to download when you purchase the course: https://bit.ly/IKEAgeodelamp
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks: https://amzn.to/2FzBKAW – USA | https://amzn.to/2HHOkjB – UK
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds | https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
- Le Rez Transparent Liquid Pigment: https://bit.ly/lerezliquid
Candied Orange mixed with Cranberry
Fuschia mixed with a touch of Real Ocean Blue and Cranberry
- Le Rez Powder Pigment – Silver Knight: http://bit.ly/Lerezaluminum
- Mineral Turpentine: Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/3eDZpyG – US | https://amzn.to/3dsKyHp – UK
- Selley’s Kwik Grip Crystal Clear Contact Adhesive: Alternative product: https://amzn.to/3nnfKfo
- Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium: https://amzn.to/3dDQkqh
- Brush or spatula to apply the product
Check out my Amazon shop for a list of alternative products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/suefindlay
✅ Step-by-step Instruction Manual: https://bit.ly/SFDGuide21
🆕 New Members’ Only Club – Sue’s Creative Circle… Register your interest at courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews.
Other Handy Links:
✅ Website: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
✅ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suefindlaydesigns/
✅ Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
✅ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suefinart/
✅ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/Suefinart/
✅ My other YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvaXBNVp_TrW6HqeARV1nbw
I hope you enjoyed this video.