If you remember from one of my earlier videos where I recycled old DVDs and had some leftover foil. In this video, I use that foil to create a lovely chunky, sparkly texture.
My initial plan was to create an Aqua and Blue piece, however, I changed my mind when I saw how the purple colour from the DVD casing, was coming out of the foil and tinting the resin.
I had many people contact me after my last video, saying that they couldn’t get the purple DVDs or that their foil wouldn’t come off the disks. The point of the video was to give you ideas for recycling your old DVDs or CDs, it doesn’t matter if they are not the same as mine. Working with what you already have, gives your art a unique look when finished.
To finish this one off, I used three mirrors that I purchased from my local discount shop.
Materials used for this project included:
- Round Wooden Board: https://amzn.to/2VPMbs6 – US
- DVDs/CDs: https://amzn.to/2W8KV2l – US | https://amzn.to/2SiKXDq – UK
- Round Mirrors: https://amzn.to/2D3dV2w
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds – Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
ArtisuePowder Pigment – Royal Purple
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White: http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
If you are new to resin, then take a look at my beginner’s book, The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques.
eBook version: (http://bit.ly/resinguide)
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.
I hope you enjoyed this video tutorial.