You no doubt remember from an earlier video that I made a silicone mould of a golf ball, well I have finally managed to get it finished and turned it into a paperweight.
To make the mould, I used Pinkysil, a two-part liquid silicone mould material and then poured a casting resin into the mould, it was then left to cure overnight before removing from the mould. Next, the water splash was created by pouring three small layers of resin on to the plastic sheet and adding acrylic diamonds to the outer edge. It was then left to cure for a few hours before moving to the resin golf ball and left to cure overnight.
Finally, all the layers were glued together using a small amount of resin and again, left overnight to cure.
Materials used for this project:
- Pinkysil – a two-part liquid silicone mould product
- U Resin Casting Resin
- Standard UV Resin from U-Resin (http://bit.ly/StandardUVResin)
- Acrylic Diamonds (http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds)* – Alternative Product: (https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi– US) | (https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt– UK)*
- India Ink (https://amzn.to/2TiyYDy– US) | (https://amzn.to/2Stcn8R– UK) | (https://amzn.to/2JIzY1c– AU)*
The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques
eBook version: (http://bit.ly/resinguide)
Paperback version: https://amzn.to/2XEmqxn (US)*
*Sales from this guide also go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: Sue Findlay Designs Newsletter
I hope you enjoyed this video and it has given you some ideas for gifts for him.
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.