For this project, I wanted to explore using hot glue to create the shape for my resin lotus flower. I found that hot glue was flexible enough to bend the resin into the desired shape.
I initially created four layers for this project, however, I found that three was more than enough to create the look I was after.
For a more in-depth video, join my members’ only club, Sue’s Creative Circle (https;//courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au). By joining Sue’s Creative Circle, you get access to not only my exclusive videos, but you will also be able to download printable resources to help you on your resin journey.
To recreate this project you will need:
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks: https://amzn.to/2FzBKAW – USA | https://amzn.to/2HHOkjB – UK
- Cellophane Wrap: https://amzn.to/2YkX6x0 – US | https://amzn.to/2NYjEPi – UK (remember to test the cellophane with your resin)
- Print out of your shape
- Resin, I used Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White: http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
- Le Rez Transparent Liquid Pigment – Fuschia: https://bit.ly/lerezliquid
- Three bowls at different sizes, preferably use a small round vase for shaping the inner piece
- Sellotape to help shape the petals while waiting to fully cure
Check out my Amazon shop for a list of alternative products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/suefindlay
✅ Step-by-step Instruction Manual: https://bit.ly/SFDGuide18
🆕 New Members’ Only Club – Sue’s Creative Circle… Register your interest at courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews.
Other Handy Links:
✅ Sue’s Creative Circle: https://courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Website: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
✅ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suefindlaydesigns/
✅ Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
✅ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suefinart/
✅ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/Suefinart/
✅ My other YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvaXBNVp_TrW6HqeARV1nbw
I hope you enjoyed this video.