Happy New Year from Australia. This is a piece I created towards the end of 2019, I again used Silver Glitter for the base colour and overlaid Jade, Dark Blue and White over the top. To create lacing and cells, I used Turpentine to help move the resin and then using a heat gun, I blew the resin to disperse it over the glitter.
Finally, acrylic diamonds were added to create extra texture and movement.
For this simple project, I used:
- 50cm Diameter MDF Cradle Board
- Silver Spray Paint to cover the board
- Silver Glitter, any inexpensive glitter, fine glitter is best: https://amzn.to/2TLdt3E
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Colour Arte – Rezin Art Lustre Pigments – Aquamarine: http://bit.ly/rezinarteaquamarine
- Colour Obsession Pigment Paste – Stormy Seas
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White: http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds – Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
If you are new to resin, then take a look at my beginner’s book, The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques.
eBook version: (http://bit.ly/resinguide)
Paperback version: https://amzn.to/2XEmqxn (US)* | https://amzn.to/2NMKAkY (UK)*
*Sales from this guide also go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: Sue Findlay Designs Newsletter
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.
I hope you enjoyed this video and that it inspires your creativity.