As many of you already know, I like to play around and experiment with resin.
I have been toying with the idea of incorporating fabric in with the resin and seeing how well it would stand up to being manipulated.
For this project, I used an old sheer fabric curtain, cut and coloured it and then shaped it into a lampshade.
For those interested in the process, I have uploaded a full-length tutorial to Sue’s Creative Circle. (https://bit.ly/fabriclamp).
For many more in-depth videos, join my members’ only club, Sue’s Creative Circle (https;//courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au). By joining Sue’s Creative Circle, you get access to not only my exclusive videos, but you will also be able to download printable resources to help you on your resin journey.
The supply list below is just a guide; you can substitute any of the products listed for your materials. I encourage you to use any products that you already have to hand.
- Sheer Fabric, I used an old fabric that had been sitting in my cupboard for over 10 years.
- Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium: https://amzn.to/3dDQkqh
- IKEA NOT lamp: https://amzn.to/2UBiJWc
- Vivacious Pearlescent Pigments (Royal Velvet Purple): https://bit.ly/VivPearlPig
- Le Rez Powder Pigment – Silver Knight: http://bit.ly/Lerezaluminum
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links due to location. However, I aim to help speed up your creative process by providing these links.
Check out my Amazon shop for a list of alternative products: https://www.amazon.com/shop/suefindlay
🆕 New Members’ Only Club – Sue’s Creative Circle… Register your interest at courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up for my newsletter: http://bit.ly/SueFindlayNews.
Other Handy Links:
✅ Sue’s Creative Circle: https://courses.suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Website: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au
✅ Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
✅ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suefindlaydesigns/
✅ Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
✅ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suefinart/
✅ Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com.au/Suefinart/
✅ My other YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvaXBNVp_TrW6HqeARV1nbw
I hope you enjoyed this video.