This is my latest attempt at a freeform resin wave. Only this time, I used a rope to create the shape and a polystyrene cone to mould the curve.
As always, these videos are the results of my experimenting with resin. I like to share the process in order to help you get the most out of your resin and to hopefully, inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and get creative.
For this project, I opted for a purple wave, well we have seen lots of ocean coloured waves and I was looking for something a little different. As with all experiments, we learn by our mistakes and I hope by showing how I fix these mistakes, it can help you avoid them.
For this project I used:
- 800ml Resin (U-Resin Standard UV)
- Length of rope (cut to fit the size of your project/fit under your plastic)
- Cellophane Wrap https://amzn.to/2YkX6x0 – US | https://amzn.to/2NYjEPi – UK | https://amzn.to/2XJhfMN – AU*
- Acrylic Diamonds http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds* – Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK*
- India Ink – Purple https://amzn.to/2TiyYDy – US | https://amzn.to/2Stcn8R – UK | https://amzn.to/2JIzY1c – AU*
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
- Mineral Turpentine – Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2SwZXgb – US | https://amzn.to/2Y9gdoA – UK*
The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques
eBook version: http://bit.ly/resinguide
Paperback version: https://amzn.to/2XEmqxn (US)*
*Sales from this guide also go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: Sue Findlay Designs Newsletter
I hope you enjoy this video, if so, please go and take a look at my other videos.
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.