What are affirmations?
An affirmation is a short powerful statement. It is the practice of positive thinking and self-empowerment and helps give you a positive mental attitude.
Why do artists and creatives need to use affirmations?
As artists, we have a tendency to allow self-doubt to creep in. We often doubt our abilities as an artist and worry that others will not find our work to be worthy.
I have heard many an artist say they can’t sell their work for what it is worth or that they are not a professional artist. Many believe the mindset of the starving artist syndrome and come from a place of lack.
How do you change the mindset of artists?
You change your mindset by thinking positively about your artist’s practice.
“Did you know, 80% of your sub-conscience thoughts are negative thoughts?”
In order to change our way of thinking, we need to create a daily affirmation.
How do I create a daily affirmation?
Each day write down or say aloud a positive statement about your art practice. It needs to
- You need to state it as truth and believe it.
- Make it in the present tense, for instance, I am a thriving artist and not, I will be a thriving artist.
- Speak it as it has already happened
- Don’t use any negative words
- Keep it brief and simple
- Make it specific to you and your practice
How do I use the affirmations?
You need to make a connection with your daily affirmations.
You can make the connection by
- writing it down and carrying it with you during the day
- place it next to the piece you are working on
- refer to it every time you will negative thoughts creeping in
- place it next to your bed or under your pillow and read it several times before going to sleep
- doodle while thinking of the affirmation, doodles help connect with the sub-conscience mind
To help you get started, I have made a list of 92 creative affirmations. Pick any that resonate with you and tweak it to suit you.
- I create from a place of abundance and joy
- There are no mistakes in my art, only happy accidents
- My creative ideas flow effortlessly
- I always have to get creative
- Anything I can imagine, I can create
- My divine creativity knows no limits
- My creative
practicesupports me in all that I need
- I have an infinite pool of creative ideas
- I am buzzing with new and exciting ideas
- I was born to live a creative life
- I am a talented artist
- I celebrate my infinite creativity
- I am always inspired
- I am destined to create great things
- I was born to create
- I inspire others with my creativity
- I have unlimited creative ideas
- I find inspiration everywhere
- I am free to pursue my passion
- I see only beauty and wonder around me
- My creativity connects me with the world
- My ideas are unique and inspiring
- I solve problems with ease
- I value my creativity
- I am a creator of new ideas
- I am at my best when I get out of my comfort zone
- I am connected to my creative inner child
- I trust my inner creative guide
- I am in my happy place
- I am grateful for my creative gift
- My art is divinely guided
- I am innovative, creative and passionate
- I love sharing my creativity with others
- I am the creator of my life
- Magic happens when I am being creative
- I release the need to be perfect
- I am a thriving artist
- I have an abundance of ideas
- I love exploring my creative talents
- My creative skills improve daily
- Being creative fills me with joy
- I am an abundant artist
- I am not intimidated by
- I welcome success
- My art is worthy
- Creating heals my soul
- I find it easy to share my art
- I am thankful for the gift of free expression
- I am prosperous and living the life of my dreams
- Every day I attract
- I know what needs to be done and do it
- I am born to do great things
- I bring joy to the world
- The world wants more of what I have to offer
- Creating wonderful art is my calling
- I come from a place of positivity
- I can easily tap into my creative energy
- I have a positive mindset
- I can do anything I set my mind to
- I have a successful art career
- I let my imagination run wild
- I give myself permission to be creative
- I am a creative thinker
- There are no limits to my creativity
- My mind is free and open
- I create with ease
- I push through my fears
- I make things happen
- Energy flows through my every being
- I choose to create
- Creativity is my birthright
- I have a stream of creativity supporting my dreams
- I trust that what I focus on will grow
- I surround myself with like-minded creatives
- Creativity heals my soul
- The universe works fast when I am having fun
- I have all I need to be creative
- My creativity lights up the world
- My art is divinely guided
- I am an abundant artist.
- I have an abundant art career
- I always come up with new ideas easily.
- I am not intimidated by success.
- I deserve to make lots of money from my art
- With each art sale, selling my artwork becomes easier.
- I can talk easily about my art.
- My confidence is getting better the more I talk about my art
- Talking about my art comes naturally and flows from me.
- I always welcome criticism
- I love creating art
- I am enjoying the process of selling my art
- Reading and writing positive affirmations help achieve my goals.
I hope this list helps to shift your mindset and create the life of your dreams.