Hot Glue and Resin Tree of Life
Create texture and dimension to your resin art using hot glue to create your designs.
This is a simple project and can still be done even if you don’t have resin. Simply paint the background and apply a high gloss varnish to seal and protect.
Materials used in this project:
- Wooden Placemat from Kmart (Australia)
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks (https://amzn.to/2FzBKAW – Australia) – (https://amzn.to/2TclwBi – USA) – (https://amzn.to/2HHOkjB – UK)*
- Pencil (to create the initial design)
- Spray Paint (optional, regular acrylic paint will do)
- Resin – (I used U Resin Standard UV)
- Colours to tint resin – I used glitter and pigment, although you can use any colours you already have
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links to Amazon stores in the US, UK and Australia (if available). Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and it gives you ideas for your own Hot Glue and Resin art.
Visual Artist and Designer
Sue Findlay is a visual artist and designer who lives in Perth, Western Australia.
Sue loves push the boundaries of resin and mixed media in order to bring you new and interesting ways to inspire your creativity.