Hot Glue and Resin Geode
Create a quick and easy geode, using hot glue, resin, stones and acrylic gems. I have seen many people ask how they can create a geode and how to stop the resin lines from blending into each other.
To recreate this hot glue and resin geode you will need:
- Resin – I used U Resin
- Hot Glue Gun and glue https://amzn.to/2TclwBi*
- Glitter, any inexpensive glitter, fine glitter is best https://amzn.to/2TLdt3E*
- Board to resin on, I used a Kmart wooden placemat
- Paint to mark out the colours on the board (optional)
- Plastic Cups https://amzn.to/2CqTQTs*. After use, tip upside down to empty, let it cure and use again.
- Wood stirrers
https://amzn.to/2Y5HklL*. Again allow to cure and use again.
- India Ink https://amzn.to/2TiyYDy*
- Diamond Gems/Confetti https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi*
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This allows me to continue offering my tutorials for free.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial and it gives you ideas for your own Resin Geode.
Visual Artist and Designer
Sue Findlay is a visual artist and designer who lives in Perth, Western Australia.
Sue loves push the boundaries of resin and mixed media in order to bring you new and interesting ways to inspire your creativity.