It is still too hot to create any resin art here in Australia. So I have gone through my video archives and found this one waiting to be edited.
What I love about this one, is that it is a combination of transparent and opaque resin. The glitter in it really gives it the wow factor. This one sold the very first day it was on display. I also love that the individual layers were not perfectly round, thus giving this an unusual shape.
For this project I used:
- Leftover resin – Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
- Silver Glitter, any inexpensive glitter, fine glitter is best: https://amzn.to/2TLdt3E
ArtisuePigment Paste: Sapphire Blue
- Colour Arte – Rezin Art Lustre Pigments – Aquamarine: http://bit.ly/rezinarteaquamarine
- A round bottom vase for shaping
- Cellophane Wrap: https://amzn.to/2YkX6x0 – US | https://amzn.to/2NYjEPi – UK | https://amzn.to/2XJhfMN – AU
If you are new to resin, then take a look at my beginner’s book, The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques.
eBook version: (http://bit.ly/resinguide)
Paperback version: https://amzn.to/2XEmqxn (US)* | https://amzn.to/2NMKAkY (UK)*
*Sales from this guide also go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: Sue Findlay Designs Newsletter
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.
I hope you enjoyed this video and it has given you ideas for creating your own freeform resin vase.