This a large commissioned piece, by far my largest resin artwork to date. Each panel is 70 x 70 cm square, making it 2.1 metres long (not including gaps).
To create the movement in the resin, I waited for the resin to start curing and dragged my fingers through to blend the colours and create texture. Next, I applied gold to the centre of the flow and added acrylic diamonds for extra sparkle and dimension.
Finally, more gold spray paint was added to the edge of the diamonds to create extra contrast between the shapes.
For this project I used:
- 3 x 70 x 70 cm MDF panels
- Liquid Glass Resin from U Resin: http://bit.ly/LiquidGlassResin
ArtisuePowder Pigments – Black
- Colour Obsession Powder Pigments – Aged Copper
- A1 Pigments – Crystal Series – Red Brown Sparkle
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds – Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques.
Paperback: https://amzn.to/2XEmqxn (US) | https://amzn.to/2NMKAkY (UK)
My Goal Setting and Action Planner for Artists.
Paperback: https://amzn.to/3bb8gXN (US) | https://amzn.to/31vg3vg (UK)
*Sales from my books go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: http://bit.ly/suefindlay
Other Handy Links:
Resin Blog: https://suefindlaydesigns.com.au/blog-2/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/382098942273408/
Facebook Business Tips for Artists Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/businesstipsforartists/
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.
I hope you enjoyed this video and it has given you ideas for creating movement in your resin.