In this video, you will see how I create this cascading resin water effect over the sides of a large wooden slab.
My first challenge was to deal with the
Like a lot of my other projects, I start out with a basic idea of how I want it to look when finished, however, my plans can change very quickly when I see that it is either not going to work, or I think of a better idea. You will see that I change mind my mind as we move through the video.
The next challenge was on how to create the thick resin drips. For this, I poured the resin on to plastic first and let it sit for about 1-2 hours. I could see that it was still tacky before transferring it to the slice.
There are quite a few things I would differently next time, just as well, as I have three more wooden slabs to work on.
Materials used in this project include:
- Large wood slice, complete with thick bark
- Diamond Gems/Confetti Diamonds https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi*
- Resin from U Resin
- Artisue Powder Pigments – Jade
- Artisue Powder Pigments – Sapphire
- Artisue Powder Pigments – Sparkle White, mixed with a touch of Art Spectrum – Titanium White Ink
Plus to tint the gems for the sides:
- Bombay Ink – Turquoise https://amzn.to/2TiyYDy*
- Glitter – Turquoise https://amzn.to/2TLdt3E*
- Cellophane Wrap https://amzn.to/2Oj8Uri*
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This allows me to continue offering my tutorials for free.
I hope this video has inspired you to create your own cascading resin water effect.