This project is a follow on from my previous video. Again, using a rope to create the freeform shape, only this time I turned it into a vase.
This is a quick and simple project, the only thing you have to be mindful of, is watching for the right time to bend. As a general rule of thumb, you need to wait until it is no longer sticky before moving it.
For this project I used:
- A length of rope
- Cling Wrap
- Acrylic Diamonds (http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds)* – Alternative Product: (https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US) | (https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK)*
- India Ink (https://amzn.to/2TiyYDy – US) | (https://amzn.to/2Stcn8R – UK) | (https://amzn.to/2JIzY1c – AU)*
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White (http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste)
- Resin (I use resin from U-Resin in Australia)
- Vase to bend the resin
The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques
eBook version: (http://bit.ly/resinguide)
Paperback version: https://amzn.to/2XEmqxn (US)* | https://amzn.to/2NMKAkY (UK)*
*Sales from this guide also go towards funding my YouTube resin tutorials.
Thank you for your support.
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: Sue Findlay Designs Newsletter
I hope you find this video useful for making your own freeform shapes and sculptures.
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.