This three-dimensional resin wall art started out as an idea for a free-standing resin sculpture. However, as it progressed, the resin was too heavy for the wire and so I worked on an alternative solution.
The leaves were created by forming foil into a leaf shape and covering it with cling wrap. I used welding wire for the stems and then mounted it all on to MDF. It was then finished off with my usual acrylic diamonds.
For this project I used:
- Counter Culture DIY resin: http://bit.ly/CCDIYresin
- Kitchen Foil
ArtisuePigment Powder – Emerald Green ArtisuePigment Powder – Jade
- Acrylic Shapes: https://amzn.to/2Xb4YPX – US | https://amzn.to/2XOwy71 – UK | https://amzn.to/2XIbHCh – AU
- Acrylic Diamonds: http://bit.ly/acrylicdiamonds – Alternative Product: https://amzn.to/2Y7pVJi – US | https://amzn.to/2XWbdUt – UK
- MDF Board (200 x 700mm)
- Silver Glitter, any inexpensive glitter, fine glitter is best: https://amzn.to/2TLdt3E
- Metallic Gold Spray Paint
- Le Rez Expressions Epoxy Pigment Paste – Angel White: http://bit.ly/lerezmatpaste
- D-Rings for hanging: https://amzn.to/2WEqusw – US | https://amzn.to/2qR3Ja4 – UK
If you are new to resin, then take a look at my beginner’s book, The Essential Beginner’s Guide to Resin Art Techniques.
eBook version: (http://bit.ly/resinguide)
* Note – As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I realise that not everyone has access to the shops I have locally, so I have taken the time to find alternative products on Amazon and provide you with links. Please also note, I haven’t personally tried all of the product links, due to location, however, my aim is to help speed up your creative process by providing these links. Every time you click on a link and purchase a qualifying item, I receive a small commission, this payment helps to keep my tutorials free for you to watch.
If you would like to access my videos before everyone else, then please sign up to my newsletter: Sue Findlay Designs Newsletter
I would love to see your creations, please join my Facebook Group: Resin and Mixed Media Art Tutorials, and share what you have made.
I hope you enjoyed this video tutorial.